Our mission is to educate and empower children affected by a long history of abuse, poverty and homelessness through a comprehensive education and therapeutic programme.
These services are offered to children from the residents in the St. Anne’s Homes, ex-residents as well as from low-income families in the surrounding community. The crèche facility provides the children with a safe space that will enhance their physical, educational and emotional development.
The aim of the programme is to lay a foundation for a brighter future for each child.
To fulfill our mission we had to revise our existing programme to now more effectively address the needs of the children. The development and introduction of this process started in 2001. Our crèche is no longer only a place for care giving, but a place of learning and growing with a stronger component of record keeping to measure accountability and impact.
- Full day care service for residents and for the community
- Regular parent meetings
- Clear policies and procedures
- Assessment of children
- Group work for mothers with their children
- Supervision and support
- Two year theme programme
- Age appropriate activities
- Individual Counselling and Case work
- Art, Music and Play therapy
- Mother and child massage therapy classes